The limited warranty confers specific rights and remedies with regard to products sold directly or indirectly by eNovus Enterprises Limited (also knows as SeniorWorld) for its easyfone brand.
Please read the entire ‘easyfone’ product Limited Warranty Policy Document’ carefully including, but not limited to the Limited Warranty terms, The exclusions & Disclaimer sections.By making a claim under this ‘easyfone’ product Limited Warranty, it will be deemed you have understood and accepted all its terms and conditions prevailing at the time of availing service under warranty
- The Limited warranty is confined to the first purchaser of the product only and is not transferable.
- The Limited warranty is restricted strictly to purchase and usage within the territorial boundaries of India
- The limited warranty for the easyfone Handset will be 12 months. The limited warranty for Battery & charger will be 6 months
- eNovus warrants its products to be free from defects in material and workmanship during the warranty period. If a product proves to be defective in material or workmanship during the warranty period, eNovus will, at its sole option, repair or replace the defective part/product with a similar new or refurbished part / product at no additional charge, that are equivalent to new parts or products in performance.
- The replacement product or parts will be covered for the balance time remaining on the customer’s original limited warranty.
- All replaced or exchanged parts which are removed under this warranty will become the property of eNovus. The Company or its authorised service centre / service dealer shall retain all parts or component(s) replaced.
- eNovus provides no warranty towards malfunctioning or service delivery of the third-party products/ features/ Hardware / Software / applications/ services, etc. that are NOT owned by eNovus, which are either licensed or otherwise installed either at the time of purchase or are activated subsequently or are installed directly by the customer.
- In the event of obsolescence of a product or for any other reason whatsoever, if eNovus is not able to repair/replace the product during the warranty period, it may either offer an alternative product or give compensatory amount based on the depreciation of the product. The decision of eNovus in this regard shall be final. The depreciation will be computed on the actual price paid by the buyer or the MRP, whichever is lower. The depreciation will be considered as below:
- Within 3 days of date of purchase or delivery whichever is later – 0% depreciation. Any product found faulty or not in proper working condition within three days of the date of purchase or delivery, whichever is later is deemed to be a DOA product. All claims under the DOA option would be subject the product being returned along with all accessories and the Original packaging. eNovus will not entertain any claims for DOA in the absence of any of the above
- Between Three Days of Purchase or delivery, whichever is later and Three months or part thereof - 40% Depreciation
- After 3 months and between 6 months – 60% depreciation.
- After 6 months and between 12 months – 75% depreciation
- The maximum liability of eNovus under any circumstances shall be limited to an amount equal to the lower of the MRP or the invoice amount paid by the purchaser to eNovus or an eNovus authorized reseller for the Product(s). It is further clarified that eNovus under this "Limited Warranty" shall be responsible and liable as stated only to the extent of replacement and / or repair of the Product(s) as the case may be during the warranty period and shall not be responsible nor liable for any claim, damages, any loss etc of any nature whatsoever
- Every effort is being made to keep the product / services /website up and running smoothly. However, eNovus takes no responsibility or liability for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues or reasons beyond our control.
- All the above terms and conditions are subject to change without any prior intimation.
- Repairs under warranty period shall be carried out by the company authorised personnel only at the compny authorised repair centre at A 24/21 DLF phase 1, Gurgaon, Haryana, 122002 and other centres intimated by it from time to time on its website. .
- Repairs and service carried out within the warranty period shall be on a carried on “ Pick up or mail in or carry in ” basis, where the purchaser can
- Request eNovus to pick up the phone from their residence. This facility will be available for customers in serviceable pin codes of Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Pune, and all the state capitals in India (excluding J&K and the North Eastern states). Where the same is not possible for any reason, customers can courier/ mail the phone to eNovus’s authorised repair centres. eNovus will credit the customers eNovus account with actual courier charges or Rs 100, whichever is less for products mailed in to the eNovus service centre during the warranty period – where a warranty claim has been upheld
- For customers in other parts of the country, where customers can courier/ mail the phone to eNovus’s authorised repair centres. eNovus will credit the customers eNovus account with actual courier charges or Rs 100, whichever is less for products mailed in to the eNovus service centre during the warranty period – where a warranty claim has been upheld.
- Repairs & Service carried out outside warranty period shall be carried on “Carry in or Mail in” basis, wherein the purchaser shall at his own cost either bring in the product to the service centre or mail the product to the address provided by eNovus.
- Any timescale given at the time of acceptance of product(s) for repair and / or service is an estimate only. eNovus will try its level best to adhere to this timescale. However, if for any reasons, there is further delay (up to 6 -8 weeks in some cases) customer shall not be entitled to make a claim for any liabilities and / or damages.
- The company reserves the right to refuse to repair / service any product(s) in the absence of the ORIGINAL PROOF OF PURCHASE. Further:
- Products(s) received for repair and / or service via courier and / or post or any other remote route, including those ‘picked up” from the customer will be taken at customer’s risk. eNovus cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage during transit including for phone despatched by eNovus post repairs back to the customer.
- The warranty / or the cost of servicing the product does not cover cost of transportation of product from place of installation/use to the service centre and vice versa.
- Customers are required to properly pack the products when sending the product for repairs via courier and / or post.
- For any handover of product & and service, from eNovus or its authorized service to the customer will only be carried out subjected to the following conditions:
- The Customers are expected to collect the product(s) promptly against full payment (in case of chargeable repair and / or service).
- Customer should carry the Customer Receipt Form/ Receipt voucher while collecting his / her item. Item will not be delivered in the absence of the original receipt.
- Product(s) will generally be held on customers account for a period of up to 45 days from the date of completion of repair and / or service and / or intimation to the customer as stated above whichever is later.
- Any service availed from eNovus which is not covered in ‘Limited warranty’ and / or is post expiry of the warranty period will be on chargeable basis. The charges for the same has to be paid at the service centre in advance or before pickup of the phone. .
- For issues related to cleaning of the unit / parts in the unit due to dust gathering on portions of the unit, general explanations / returning, particular software not being read / installed, are not to be construed as defects. The company does not undertake responsibility on the quality of software being used by purchaser.
- In case of any damage to the product / misuse detected by the authorised service centre personnel, the warranty conditions are not applicable and repairs will be done subject to availability of parts and on chargeable basis only.
- In the event of the company offering EXTENDED WARRANTY period for any specific product / period, it is the RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PURCHASER to get the warranty card duly registered with company or its nearest Authorised Service Centre within 2 weeks of purchasing under such an offer, at the purchaser’s cost and risk only.
- In the course of any repair and / or service, and in the interest of the customer, eNovus may need to re-flash, upgrade, update or otherwise activate, re-activate software and / or services related to the product(s) (incl. software updates, virus definition updates and service activations).
- Customer is advised to take backup of data stored in handset/ unit / hard disk / data cards/ data storage devices/ etc. contents before handing over the unit for repair. The company shall not provide data backup service and will not be responsible for any loss of data
- Customers are advised to understand that Special features like SOS are only additional features to assist customers with intimating their emergency contacts and getting their help and should in no way be taken as the only way in which Customers can intimate and seek help from other people. eNovus shall not be liable directly or indirectly for any claim for compensation due to inconvenience, loss of time, any personal and / or commercial loss, compensation for mental agony, anxiety etc. (incl. any personal injury or death) resulting from the non-performance of the SOS features of the easyfone under normal or special or critical circumstances of any nature whatsoever. eNovus’s liability in all such circumstances will be restricted to the cost of the product only eNovus’s liability in all such circumstances will be restricted to the cost of the product only.
C . THIS WARRANTY IS NOT APPLICABLE IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING CASES:
- Any product(s) not manufactured by or for eNovus, or first sold to an end-user in a country outside the Territorial Scope of this Limited Warranty.
- any service availed from eNovus which is not covered in ‘Limited warranty’ and / or is post expiry of the warranty period will be on chargeable basis. The charges for the same has to be paid at the service centre in advance.
- The company reserves the right to refuse to repair / service any product(s) in the absence of the ORIGINAL PROOF OF PURCHASE which which clearly indicates the name and address of the seller, the date and place of purchase, the Product(s) type and the IMEI and / or other valid serial number identifying the Product(s)
- The product is not purchased directly from eNovus or an Authorised eNovus sales dealer.
- The product purchased is not used according to instructions given in the INSTRUCTION MANUAL, as determined by the authorised service centre / company personnel.
- Defects caused by improper use, as determined by the Authorised Service Centre / Company personnel.
- Any physical damage to the product(s) shall render the warranty on the product(s) null and void. Repairs and / or service on such products shall be purely on chargeable basis and at the sole discretion of eNovus.
- Modification or alterations of any nature made in the circuitry by the purchaser or unauthorised personnel, as determined by the company personnel.
- If any product or accessory has been handled by any third party or the warranty seal is broken, the warranty on such product or accessory will become null and void and all future repairs and / or service will on chargeable basis only.
- Site (premises where the product is kept) conditions that do not confirm to the recommended operating conditions of the handset/machine/unit.
- The original IMEI / serial number is removed, obliterated or altered from the product.
- Defects due to causes beyond control like lighting, abnormal voltage, acts of god or while in transit to service centre or to the purchaser's residence.
- Defects caused by household pets, rats, cockroaches or any other animals or insects.
- Warranty does not cover user manuals or any third party software, settings, content, data or links, whether included/ downloaded or wrongly installed in product.
- Warranty does not cover normal wear and tear (including, without limitation, wear and tear of camera lenses, batteries or displays).
- Warranty does not cover defects or alleged defects caused by the fact that the product was used with, or connected to, a product, accessories, software and/or service not manufactured, supplied or authorised by eNovus or was used otherwise than for its intended use, Defects can be caused by viruses from your or from third party(s) unauthorised access to services, other accounts, computer systems or networks. This unauthorised access can take place through hacking, password-mining or through a variety of means.
- Warranty does not cover defects caused by the fact that the battery has been short-circuited or by the fact that the seals of the battery enclosure or the cells are broken or show evidence of tampering or by the fact that the battery has been used in equipment other than those for which it has been specified.
- Warranty doesn’t cover If the Product has been exposed to moisture, to dampness or to extreme thermal or environmental conditions or to rapid changes in such conditions, to corrosion, to oxidation, to spillage of food or liquid or to influence from chemical products
- Cosmetic damage (Includes but not limited with changes to the colour coating of casing, logo print erase, key print erase and the damage of casing)
- All products on which the warranty is not valid or has expired has expired will be repaired / serviced on chargeable basis only. eNovus is not bound to provide service or support until full payment for the Product(s) and / or service has been paid for.
- The Limited Warranty policy is subject to change without any intimation to the customer.
- The customer is requested to refer to the updated Limited Warranty policy prior to raising any warranty claim
- Under no circumstance the company is liable for loss directly or indirectly for any of the following:
- Third party claims against customer for losses or damages.
- Loss or damages to records, information or data.
- Economic consequential damages including lost profits.
- In case of repair, data stored in handset/ unit / hard disk / data cards/ data storage devices/ etc contents may be destroyed and customer will not be informed in advance. The company shall not be liable for any data, records / program / applications or content lost due to repair.
- Some of the products may have one or more special features alongwith regular features. eNovus shall not be liable directly or indirectly for any claim for compensation due to inconvenience, loss of time, loss of profits, loss of business opportunity, loss of data, loss of goodwill, work stoppage, any personal and / or commercial loss, compensation for mental agony, anxiety etc. (incl. any personal injury or death) resulting from the non-performance of one or more regular or special features of the easyfone under normal or special or critical circumstances of any nature whatsoever. eNovus’s liability in all such circumstances will be restricted to the cost of the product only
- Except for the warranties set forth herein, eNovus disclaims all other warranties, expressed or implied or statutory, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
E FORCE MAJEURE
This contract is subject to Force Majeure events and neither party shall be responsible for delays arising there from
F. Governing Law
All disputes arising out of any Sales and or Service Agreement or any matter incidental thereto shall first be referred to Arbitration under THE ARBITRATION AND CONCILIATION ACT, 1996. The decision of the Arbitrator in the matter shall be final and binding on both the parties hereto. Such Arbitration shall be held at New Delhi., India only and the courts at New Delhi, India alone shall have the jurisdiction to deal with the arbitration proceedings and the awards in accordance with the law.
In case of any disputes, the same shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Delhi, India.